Thursday, December 31, 2009

And just like that...

...we are gone. The final moments on the Friendly Limousine Bus and taking off from Narita were not so heart wrenching. I had the kids to distract me. Then, at 1AM we land in Singapore. We head down an escalator and the kids automatically get in single file on the the left hand side - but this time I said, 'Guys, you don't have to do that here, we're not in Japan anymore.' But I said it quietly because I liked this obedient way that they have adopted. We took a cab from the airport and fit ALL of our bags into one cab and 5 of us in the backseat! We are definitely not in Japan anymore. Upon arrival at the hotel Kate and I waited patiently while everyone piled out and then I remembered, 'Kate! You can open your door too!' We are allowed to get in and out on BOTH sides of the cab here. I wonder how quickly they will forget all these little pieces of Japanese etiquette we have been drilling into their little brains.

No comments: