Monday, November 2, 2009

Tourist for a day

Today was yet another Japanese holiday. I've given up on trying to keep up on each celebration. I think someone told me the other day there are about 300 hundred of them. Many people in the expat community often have these days off. Jack usually has to work, but not today. The kids had school and we, for once, had the chance to tour the city for a few hours alone. I suggested that he come up with a plan for us. So he decided that we should head to the Park Hyatt in Shinjuku and have lunch on the 52nd floor at the New York Grill - the place 'Lost in Translation' was filmed. It was a perfectly clear day and we had a better view of Fuji-san today than we did when in Hakone. On our walk from the train station to the hotel. Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building - one of the many towering buildings in Shinjuku.

Playing tourist

View from the 52nd floor at the New York Grill - camera couldn't catch Fuji so well, but it was a great view.


The room/lounge from Lost in Translation


Our two hour lunch was wonderful although I can't say that I have ever dined in a place where the water ended up costing more than my glass of wine...

No comments: