Sunday, November 16, 2008

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto

In order to survive each weekend with the kids home from school in the apartment, we are learning how to pass the time in our new city. Yes, there is so much to do, but really only so much you want to do with 3 kids in tow - particularly our 3 kids. Today I decided that we were going to the Miraikan Museum of Science and Technology. When I suggested this to Nicholas (the one who would seem to enjoy this the most), I got the typical response, "I don't want to go! Do we have to take the subway? Can we take a taxi?" Ahhhh!!!! But, after figuring out the number of subway transfers and time it would take (Jack calculated one of his mini spreadsheets), Nicholas won. Yes dear, we are going to take a taxi. I always forget though, that I am the one who gets to sit crammed in the back with the kids and Jack rides up front - cause, uh, yeah, I'm so much smaller? So, yes, the museum. We are in Japan - where they basically invent everything - so we had the opportunity to see a demonstration of Honda's robot ASIMO. There was a note listed for certain programs at the museum saying, 'You can still enjoy this program even if you don't speak Japanese.' I thought that was funny. For the planetarium show, I'd have to disagree, but for ASIMO, definitely. It was incredible. See for yourself.


2 comments:

JUDY WENDT said...

That's a robot???!!!
also what is all that stuff along the right side of your blog page...traffic or something????

JUDY WENDT said...

That's a robot???!!!